1) What are you working on at the moment?
Kitchen Sink. A redbrick tale filled with wonder. Bear with me. Imagine the 1977 cast of Coronation Street suddenly finding itself on the set of Soap, Hilda Ogden and Stan Ogden playing Mary Campbell and Burt Campbell.
2) What’s the most overused word about your work?
Coruscate or obfuscate.
3) Which painting, or other piece of art, best describes you?
Any postcard designed by Donald McGill. I have the face.
4) Which literary character do you most identify with?
Martin Eden. I have a spine-breaking fear of water.
5) One book you wish you had written, and why?
The Kama Sutra. It would have been great fun.