3:AM is opening fiction submissions for a short period. I’m looking for exciting, and formally challenging new writing The opening date is 1st February 2015, and the closing date/time is midnight on 14th February 2015, Samoa Time Zone (ST).*
- Under 2,500 words, please. Standalone extracts from larger works are welcome, as well as short fiction in any form. Pieces should be previously unpublished. Submit no more than one piece of work per call for submissions.
- Please send your writing as an attachment, with your name + title in the file name: e.g. Stein_Tenderbuttons.pdf, or AutobioAliceBT_Stein.doc. Please do not paste your piece into the body of your email.
- You could have a look at some of the work I have published on 3:AM before, or click on the Fiction tab at the top of this page.
- I particularly welcome submissions in translation (with the written permission of original writer/publisher).
- Please include a very short biography in your accompanying email (not in any accompanying attachment). This will go on the website if your piece is published, so keep it concise, and include links, if you like.
- If you have sent me work while submissions were closed, please re-send during the open submissions period or I will not be able to consider it.
- Depending on submission volume, I hope to be able to send acceptances by the mid-April. Due to the volume of submissions I won’t be sending individual rejection notes. It’s fine to submit simultaneously, but I would be grateful if you could let me know if your submission is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- No fee (sorry). 3:AM is currently a labour of love for both contributors & editors.
Please send your work to me via the link on the contacts page.
I am very much looking forward to reading!
–Joanna Walsh (Fiction Editor)
*To avoid any quibbles, this is the furthest west inhabited global timezone.