For a limited time, 3:AM is pleased to welcome submissions of fiction and prose for online publication.
The editors share a particular interest in writing that is linguistically and formally experimental. We value the bold, the considered and the deft.
The window for submissions begins today March 21st 2017 and will remain open for four weeks: the closing date for submissions is April 21st 2017 (GMT). Any work sent after midnight on this date will not be considered.
Please find a list of guidelines as per the submissions process below. We look forward to reading your work.
- Before sending a piece, please do read previous work that has appeared on 3:AM’s Fiction pages. Many recent and archived pieces are available here.
- Individual submissions should be no longer than 2500 words. Although the editors have a strong interest in short pieces of fiction, standalone extracts from longer works will also be considered.
- Pieces should be previously unpublished in English. This includes publication on personal blogs or forums. New translations are welcome and encouraged. In each case, however, the written permission of the original writer/publisher must also be provided.
- No more than one piece of work per call for submissions, multiple submissions will not be read.
- Entry is free.
- All submissions must be made electronically.
- Please email your writing as an attached .pdf, .doc or .docx file, with your name + title in the file’s name. For example, FIRSTNAME_SURNAME-SUBMISSION_TITLE.docx.
- Along with your work, please include a short third person biography in the body of your email (not in any accompanying attachment). Include any links to work elsewhere that you would like published alongside your piece if it is accepted.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please do inform the editor at the below address immediately should your piece be accepted for publication elsewhere.
- We seek diverse writing by a diversity of authors. Writers of colour, women, non-binary, trans* and queer writers are currently under-represented at 3:AM and are enthusiastically encouraged to submit.
- If your work is accepted by the journal, the editors will get in touch via the email address supplied during submission. .
- We are sorry but due the high volume of submissions we cannot supply individual responses or editorial feedback for work that is not accepted.
- If a response has not been received by the end of June 2017, it is unlikely that 3:AM will be using your piece at this time.
- 3:AM is run entirely by volunteers, we do not pay writers (or ourselves).
To submit, please email your work to Eley and Hestia at:
3amsubmissions (at) gmail (dot) com