Big Dada Recordings chief Will Ashon has just published Clear Water (Faber), which James Hawes reviewed in The Guardian last weekend, claiming it “tries to do for the shopping centre Bluewater what JG Ballard’s Super-Cannes did for Cannes: a shiny, hyper-modern dream of Eden is here stripped to its bloody heart.” The 3:AM review is coming soon but Ashon is currently listening to the following:
1. ‘At The Five Spot Vol 1′ — Eric Dolphy
2. ‘Don’t Watch That (Knickers, Y-Fronts & Jockstraps)’ — Ty
3. ‘My Peas’ — Infinite Livez v Stade
4. ‘I Was A Lover’ — TV On The Radio
5. ‘Gasolina’ — Bonde do Role
First posted: Monday, July 24th, 2006.